Help us create a strong and sustainable future for fishing in Aotearoa New Zealand
To create positive and impactful change, we rely on the kind generosity of donors. In donating to our Trust, you are doing your bit to support healthy ocean resources for future generations. That’s another child who experiences the joys of catching a snapper, another whanau who can sustainably feed their household, and many, many more memories that contribute to a positive collective national psyche.
What happens with your donations
All donations go towards critical initiatives that focus on facilitating a healthy marine environment and sustainable fishing activity for both recreation and nourishment.
A number of programmes are underway to identify and prioritise the work required to maintain and enhance sustainable access, use and management of New Zealand’s fisheries and marine environment, for the benefit of the public.
There are many initiatives that require our financial support now.
- Enabling professional fisheries scientists, advisers and experts to participate in joint stakeholder processes;
- Raising awareness of the public’s fishing interests and the importance of “more fish in the water”;
- Dialogue and consultation with all stakeholders to ensure robust and inclusive process, providing positive outcomes for our fisheries;
- Continued support of innovations and fresh ideas that help improve methods, processes and fish stocks;
- Supporting meaningful and realistic proposals that result in improvements to our resources “more fish in the water”
Please note that as a qualifying charity, all donations to this Trust enjoy a tax rebate of 33.3% of the amount donated. You may also choose to donate regularly from wages or salary, and have the tax rebate credited immediately upon each donation: please contact us to discuss this option.
Donations can be made by direct deposit to the Trust bank account.
Branch: East Auckland Commercial Banking
Let us know
If you’re making a donation please let us know your details below. It’s the easiest way for us to hear about who made a donation.